Sunday, August 15, 2010

Uit 10 - Assessment of My Physical, Psychological and Spiritual Progress

Initial post:  Physical health: 8 . . . Updated post:  9
My health improved greatly since my Initial Post. I sought the help of a Doctor of Oriental Medicine. I was surprised as to how much time she took, and her asking me questions about my emotional life. She treated me with acupuncture (for detox purposes), and provided me with medical grade essential oils for high blood sugar and cholesterol; she also provided me with Chinese Hawthorne pills to address the buildup of plaque in my arteries. She counseled me about diet; I have given up on dairy and wheat products . . . My energy has rebounded, my sleep comes much more easily and my mental acuity seems to have improved.  I don’t need caffeine to get me going in the mornings.


Initial post: Spiritual wellbeing: 10 . . . Updated post: 10
I am finding myself able to devote time to worship, prayer and Bible study with a greater mindfulness. I am able to shut out all distractions and devote quality time to God.


Initial Post: Psychological wellbeing: 10 . . . Updated post: 10
Something has changed. I am confident about my role as a Mentor and Healer. I am seizing opportunity to share what little wisdom I have gained (even if it what I’ve learned through my own mistakes!). I am finding it easy to begin, develop and conclude a Mentor/Healer conversation with integrity and surprising care.


My Goals:

A. Physical:  Learn Qigong.  I’ve now identified the sources of instructional Qigong DVD’s, as well as the identity of a teacher of Integral Qigong in my area. I have also identified books which I will access in preparation for seeking certification as a teacher of Integral Qigong.


B. Spiritual:  I continue in the conviction that I must maintain my practice as a Healer/Mentor/Curandero separate from the things of God and His doctrine. I must not use my practice as a means for proselytizing; and I must reserve gifts of the Holy Spirit for use only in the setting of God’s church.  This is for the purpose of not creating another man-made misinterpretation of God's plan for salvation.


C. Psychological:  I am finding myself in the process of discovering the way of Tao. In its pure essence it is not a religion, but rather a practice developed over thousands of years through ancient Chinese sages who were keen observers of nature, mankind and the capacities of the human body. Traditional Chinese Medicine was developed from of the Tao. One of the Tao’s disciplines is that of Qigong, which encompasses energy, the body, the breath, movement and meditation for health, healing and longevity. It can also be used for healing others. 

I found a bargain at the bookstore last night; Tao Te Ching – A New Translation. Here are my notes from its Introduction:

The sage is a Pilgrim/Guide
A wise and astute Ruler
He is the one who lets things go by
He is the recluse

He is the one who knows
What cannot be known
He trods the Tao
Sure of the ground
On which he stands

When one is thus centered
All becomes possible
All falls into place

All that leads to
Or encourages unity
Is seen as of the Tao

The Tao and the Sage act
Through non-action
And doing without reward

The Tao, like water
Penetrates the toughest rock
And breaks it open
Or wears it down


Reference:

Kwok, M., Palmer, M., & Ramsay, J. (2002). Tao te ching - a new translation. New York, New York: Collins & Brown.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, I love the line: "The Tao and the Sage act Through non-action And doing without reward." This is definitely the works of a self-less person. It was great reading about your tremendous progress and goals. It looks like you have a great handle on not only your personal health but how you are going to use your knowledge to help others. Good luck and wishes to you as you improve your life and those around you.

    ReplyDelete