Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Addendum: Unit 6 - Universal Loving Kindness exercise

July 20, 2010 . . .


After writing my answers to our Unit 6 Exercises, I have had a second thought about my unwillingness to do the Universal Loving Kindness exercise, which includes mention of the willful (intentional) desire that "all individuals" gain freedom from suffering; sustained health, happiness, and wholeness . . . I am now willing to do this exercise just as it is prescribed . . . The reason I have changed my heart about this is because after reviewing the eight principle of Integral Practice, I see that this exercise is not just an isolated activity, but rather a part of a program through which I can develop as wholly as I possibly can become.


Ever since I wrote my earlier post on the exercise; my mind (and heart) have tugged at my Self pointing out that my tethering myself to that refusal was simply my own pride and anger against those who abuse and hurt others, but that in the end the one affected would be myself in limiting me in my own Integral Development . . . I also have come to see that my clinging to that refusal was also based on my own reactivity, thereby keeping me bound from walking the talk of loving kindness. This doesn't mean that I am less inclined to disapprove of those who abuse those weaker than themselves, but that in my freeing myself, I also open the possibility of a day when even they can be healed of their sickness. "May I assist all individuals in finding health, happiness and wholeness."

No comments:

Post a Comment