Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Unit 7 – Meeting Asciepius

In practicing the exercise associated with this unit, I visualized a very dear friend who went out of his way to mentor me. He was a Catholic Priest; an Oblate of Mary Immaculate. It was not difficult to visualize him because we shared many experiences in Yosemite and the John Muyr Woods . . . I did not need to visualize the light emanating from him at all because I could feel his tremendous love for people. I was 21 then, a Mexican kid from the Projects just starting in what would become my faith for the rest of my life.


I visualized him, just as I once experienced, sitting on a rock on the banks of a river as we conversed and shared a bottle of California wine and French bread; communion. I remember thinking then, and still believe he was one of the most beautiful persons I have ever met; full of love and radiating peace and the joy of discovery to everyone he came in contact with.


As I reflected on how he had taken the time to reach out to a confused young man as I, and realized how important he was to me during that time. I asked myself why did he take that time with me? It was because he was a Healer . . . and then, suddenly, it dawned on me that now I can serve others by giving of my time and my full intention to help them find themselves and their healing. My time has come, and I have started now.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds as though you had a very enlightening experience and have a true friend and mentor. You are truely lucky and blessed.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete