Saturday, July 10, 2010

Unit 5 - The Connection Between Spiritual Wellness and Mental and Physical Health

In my own life, the connection between spiritual wellness and mental and physical wellness is very clear. As I go on in life, I see more and more how I receive blessing upon blessing when I am living in a spiritual wakefulness to harmony with God and goodness. I experience this as a resourcefulness to meet the challenges of life and find healing and solutions to even the greatest obstacles. In contrast, when I slip into arrogance, insincerity and sin I find myself hopelessly tossed by circumstances in my relationships, my health and my own sense of connectedness. As an example of this, I point out to how I was the one who initiated my own fall into clinical depression for seven years when I became angry with God for the loss of my wife and knowingly walked away from Him and His teachings and embarked rudderless to drift in the sea of worldliness. I did not reach safe harbor until seven years later, when I was at the end of all my mental, emotional, and spiritual resources; and discovered a deeper relationship with God than that which I had before.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Moises,
    It is amazing what you have been through and were able to find your way again. It is important for all of us to embrace our obstacles and find the inner peace that will steer us towards integral health.
    Congratulations on your new found relationship with God and yourself.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete