Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Unit 3 Seminar – Guided Imagery Exercise

I was amazed at the rapidity with which the images formed in my mind. There was a freedom in Kristin’s guidance. I felt totally at ease in that the images were mine, and was amazed at how my cloud was zooming from California, across the blue-green Arizona sky; passing above the Grand Canyon and then to New Mexico . . . (What was very interesting was that I have not lived in California for ten years, and had I been able to project where I’d like to go in my journey, it would have been Atitlan, Guatemala -- A pristine lake surrounded by seven volcanoes; awesome place where indigenous culture still reigns).


Wonderful . . . I arrive twenty years older; a wizened old man with a joyful beam in his eyes; I arrive in Albuquerque, New Mexico. My adobe home seems to be part of the Earth, bougainvillea, yellow daffodils; hundreds of them. The man I meet at the door is my mirror image, dressed in indigenous clothes, long white hair (no beard), and a confident smile. Inside, the house’s furniture and furnishings seem to be made of the same material as the house: adobe; smooth; with Southwest woodwork and indigenous textiles everywhere. I turn and look into the eyes of the me of twenty years from now by the light of the fireplace; he is sinewy, tanned, strong; smelling of burning firewood and fresh Earth. My question: Do you live alone? “No,” he smiles as a beautiful curvaceous indigenous woman walks into the living room. She smiles peaceably; radiant. The old man who is me puts a Pearl in my hand, then shows me a half-gourd in the shape of a ladle with which he motions as if gathering liquid from a container, then pouring it out . . . His advice, “Pour of the essence of the moment into your patient’s hands; be it vapor, smoke, midst, or water . . . They will be healed.”

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful image you created here. I love what you were able to accomplish. I hope that my images and thoughts will be that clear one day. I love meditating and diving into my own mind but sometimes I come out more confused then when I went in. =) - Love Beyond Reason- Paula

    ReplyDelete